Master’s Degree Programs（Chinese-taught） Admission Guide 2023
01 ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
Shanghai University of Engineering Science (SUES) is committed to creating a supportive learning and living environment for all international students.
The highlights of Chinese-taught Master’s programs including:
1. Campus: Students can enjoy superior facilities at Songjiang campus with Chinese peers, and get immersed in Chinese language and culture.
2. Experience:Our highly practice-oriented curriculum equips students with practical skills.
3. Location: Students will enjoy Shanghai, the metropolis, gaining access to the inclusive culture, prosperous business, and convenient life.
02 ABOUT SHANGHAI UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING SCIENCE
The Shanghai University of Engineering Science (SUES) is highly recognized as a public university specializing in applied technologies and engineering sciences in China.
Spread over three campuses covering near 1,000,000m², SUES now consists of 17 academic schools, and houses almost 2,000 faculty and staff members, 18,000 undergraduates, and 4,000 graduates. Incorporating the profound academic profile and the fine tradition of University-Industry collaboration, SUES has been dedicated to enabling students to be competitive in academia as well as in the practical industrial world for decades.
Among the first universities approved by the Ministry of Education of China to admit international students, SUES has been enrolling international students since 1985. As a university accepting international students on Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship, the College of International Education (CIE) serves over 4,000 international students from over 100 countries and regions, including Germany, US, Japan, Russia, Italy, Australia, Mexico, Ukraine, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, Congo, Ghana, etc.
Field：Business, Management & Social Science
(1) Business Administration
(2) Public Administration
(1) Mechanical Engineering
(2) Control Science & Engineering
(3) Chemical Engineering & Technology
(5) Materials Science &Engineering
(6) Transportation Engineering
(7) Textile Science & Engineering
(9) Optical Engineering
(2) Resources and Environment
(3) Traffic & Transportation
04 LENGTH AND START TIME
Length: 3 years (2 to 3 years for professional degrees depending on programs)
Start Time：September 2023 (exact registration time please refer to admission notice)
Tuition (per academic year):CNY 25,000
Insurance (per academic year): CNY 800
Dorms (per academic year): CNY 1,200（four-bed room）
The tuition payment and refunding process shall follow university policy.
06 APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
1. Ages 22 to 35 and healthy, none Chinese citizen with a valid passport.
2. Bachelor or higher education degree.
3. A minimum requirement of HSK 4 certificate with a passing score of 180.
Note：International students who graduated from Chinese-taught undergraduate programs from institutions in China can be exempt from HSK certificate.
07 REQUIRED MATERIALS
1. Bachelor’s degree, undergraduate diploma, and official transcripts of academic achievement during undergraduate study.
(1) These should be original documents or notarized copies, bearing the seal and signature from the issuing institution, in Chinese or English. If they are non-English or non-Chinese versions, the notarized Chinese or English translation should be included.
(2) If you apply before the completion of undergraduate study, an official letter issued by the institute indicating the time when you will receive the diploma is required. A copy of the diploma and final version of the transcripts are still required once you receive them.
2. Copy of effective HSK level 4 certificate
3. Personal statement and research plan in Chinese (no less than 500 words)
4. Photocopy of passport
(1) If the passport has been extended, a passport extension page should be included.
(2) If you are not in your home country during the application, your current valid visa in that country is also required.
5. Digital ID photo
6. Two recommendation letters (testimonials) from associate professors or above
Position, contact information, and signature of reference should be included.
7.Proof or Commitment of Financial Support
8. Non-criminal Certificate or Commitment
Award certificates, or other documents that you wish to be considered.
Note: The applicant should hold responsible for authenticity of all materials provided.
SUES provides scholarships for excellent applicants, including the Shanghai Government Scholarship-Type B for international students & SUES Scholarship for international students.
Coverage and Details
The SUES Scholarship and the Shanghai Government Scholarship Type B both cover tuition and comprehensive insurance.
An annual assessment is required.
1. Meeting program application eligibility.
2. Meeting entry requirements of the university and program.
3.Providing satisfying academic and comprehensive performance.
4. An applicant who has received any other scholarships offered by the Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply for the above scholarships.
5. Applicants for the Shanghai Government Scholarship must provide proof of language proficiency (passing HSK 4).
How to apply for scholarship:
Please log into online application system at
http://admission.sues.edu.cn/ to fill in and select scholarship type before choosing your major.
For Shanghai Government Scholarship for international student,please log into http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/ to fill in simultaneously.
09 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Step 1: Online Application
Please register and submit your application (including all the required documents) via SUES International Students Service System http://admission.sues.edu.cn/.
Step 2: Entrance Exam
After receiving the interview notice,please attend the interview on time. The specific interview time is subject to the email notification.Please ensure that email address is correct.
Step 3: Follow the Status
Pay attention to your email or log into your SUES application account online to check your application status.
Step 4: Admission and Enrollment
The result of your application will be announced through your application account. The admission letters are to be issued no later than July 2023. Admitted students must register on the mentioned date on the admission letter and bring the original graduation certificate to be checked. Your enrollment will be canceled if you can not provide the authentic original copy of relevant certificates.
10 APPLICATION DEADLINE
July 15th, 2023
11 CONTACT US
Sylvia WAN, Amy YANG,
Add: Office 408, College of International Education, Shanghai University of Engineering Science, 350 Xianxia Road, Changning, Shanghai, P.R.China, 200336
University Website: www.sues.edu.cn
Please follow CIE wechat for more information: